At least 4 killed, 19 hurt in weekend gun violence
April 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy is one of four people dead Sunday after gunshots rang out across the city this weekend.
At least 19 other people were also wounded in weekend gun violence.
The boy shot to death near South Spaulding Ave. and West 46th Street just before 10 p.m. Saturday. According to Chicago police, two men came out of a gangway and opened fire. A 15-year-old boy and another male were also wounded.
On 108th Street, a 41-year-old woman also died in a shooting Saturday night.
Tonya Gist was standing on the porch of her home with a group of people when someone walked up and opened fire.
Gist was hit in head and killed. Police have no motive for the shooting.
Also Saturday, a 22-year-old man was shot to death on South Francisco Avenue.
Friday night, a 28-year-old woman was shot fatally on a balcony on South Albany.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit