Memorial to deadly Poland plane crash dedicated in Niles
April 15, 2012 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A memorial plaque has been dedicated to the victims in the plane crash that killed the president of Poland two years ago.
The plaque in Niles carries the names of all 96 people who died when the plane went down in Russia in April 2010.
The victims included Poland's first lady and dozens of Polish leaders.
The plaque stands in St. Adalbert Cemetery next to a memorial for the 22,000 people who died in the Katyn forest massacre in the Soviet Union in World War Two.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap