Memorial to deadly Poland plane crash dedicated in Niles
April 15, 2012 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A memorial plaque has been dedicated to the victims in the plane crash that killed the president of Poland two years ago.
The plaque in Niles carries the names of all 96 people who died when the plane went down in Russia in April 2010.
The victims included Poland's first lady and dozens of Polish leaders.
The plaque stands in St. Adalbert Cemetery next to a memorial for the 22,000 people who died in the Katyn forest massacre in the Soviet Union in World War Two.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant