Mayor helps plant Earth Day tree
April 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel was joined by a group of children at Garfield Blvd. and Damen Ave. to plant a tree for Earth Day.
Chicago received $20,000 in trees to plant in neighborhoods across the city as part of winning the Siemens Sustainable Cities award.
The tree the mayor helped plant is the first from this award.
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote 10 min ago
- Man linked to Boston bomber shot, killed by FBI 36 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help 18 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 8 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer 2 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
39 min ago
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings...
10 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
18 min ago