President Obama's ex-girlfriend breaks her silence
May 2, 2012 (WLS) -- One of President Barack Obama's ex-girlfriends is talking about their relationship in a new book. The details come from her diary.
Genevieve Cook says she met the president at a Christmas party in 1983 when he was 22 years old.
In an excerpt obtained by Vanity Fair Cook says she found Obama charming and alluring yet distant and unreachable.
In one entry, Cook writes, "The sexual warmth is definitely there. But the rest of it has sharp edges and I'm finding it all unsettling and finding myself wanting to withdraw from it all. I have to admit that I am feeling anger at him for some reason, multi-stranded reasons. His warmth can be deceptive."
Cook's diary entries will be in a new biography by David Maraniss called Barack Obama: The Story. It will be published next month.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 32 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 31 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 12 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
31 min ago