President Obama's ex-girlfriend breaks her silence
May 2, 2012 (WLS) -- One of President Barack Obama's ex-girlfriends is talking about their relationship in a new book. The details come from her diary.
Genevieve Cook says she met the president at a Christmas party in 1983 when he was 22 years old.
In an excerpt obtained by Vanity Fair Cook says she found Obama charming and alluring yet distant and unreachable.
In one entry, Cook writes, "The sexual warmth is definitely there. But the rest of it has sharp edges and I'm finding it all unsettling and finding myself wanting to withdraw from it all. I have to admit that I am feeling anger at him for some reason, multi-stranded reasons. His warmth can be deceptive."
Cook's diary entries will be in a new biography by David Maraniss called Barack Obama: The Story. It will be published next month.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 19 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 20 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 9 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
18 min ago