CFD paramedic charged with indecent solicitation of girl, 11
May 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A paramedic with the Chicago Fire Department is accused of holding sexually explicit conversations with an 11-year-old girl on facebook.
Mark Scanlon, 42, was charged with indecent solicitation of a minor and child exploitation. Prosecutors say Scanlon held conversations with the child for 9 months. The girl told family members, who called police.
Investigators say they have recovered messages from facebook accounts of both Scanlon and the child.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos