Mayor Daley heckler gets 3 years in prison
June 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who swore at Mayor Richard M. Daley on his last day in office has been sentenced to three years in prison.
As the mayor left City Hall in May of 2011, 31-year-old Janusz Kopycinski yelled an expletive at Daley.
Officers chased after Kopycinski, and as they were arresting him, an officer was slightly injured by a moving CTA bus.
Kopycinski was found guilty in April of aggravated battery to an officer, a felony.
Kopycinski told the judge he didn't intend to do any harm.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos