John Legend 'Duets'
June 13, 2012 -- The superstars and their duet partners explore songs and artists that inspire them on ABC's ''Duets.''
"Songs That Inspire" - The music industry's biggest Superstars, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke, take the stage and perform songs that inspire with their hand-picked Duet Partners. The competition gets heated and one partner is eliminated. Hosted by Quddus, the series is a one-of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from behind the judges' panel and onto the stage, on "Duets," THURSDAY, JUNE 7 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. ABC's major music series, "Duets," is hosted by Quddus ("Total Request Live") and stars four of the music industry's biggest Superstars -- Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke - in a one-of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from behind the judges' panel and onto the stage.
Clarkson, Legend, Nettles and Thicke will set out on individual journeys across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy of being their duet partners, ultimately each choosing two singers as partners. Together Superstars and partners take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts, and the winning partner will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
JOHN LEGEND, Superstar on ABC's "Duets"
John Legend is a critically-acclaimed multi-platinum selling singer/songwriter known for his dedicated work as a philanthropist/social activist. He has won 9 Grammy Awards, 2 NAACP Image Awards and was named one of TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People. He has collaborated with a veritable Who's Who of artists, including Kanye West, The Roots, Andre 3000 and Common, and performed with The Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, Lauren Hill and Jay-Z. Legend's albums "Evolver," "Wake Up!" and "Get Lifted" all debuted at the top of the charts and have demonstrated his amazing musical talent as an artist and performer, while elevating him to superstar status. In 2007 he launched the Show Me Campaign, a nonprofit organization fighting poverty around the world. Legend has been recognized several times for his activism, including with the 2010 BET Humanitarian of the Year award and the 2009 CARE Humanitarian Award for Global Change. A native of Springfield, Ohio, he is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. More information can be found at www.johnlegend.com or follow him on Twitter @johnlegend.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 31 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 5 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
31 min ago