John Legend 'Duets'
June 13, 2012 -- The superstars and their duet partners explore songs and artists that inspire them on ABC's ''Duets.''
"Songs That Inspire" - The music industry's biggest Superstars, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke, take the stage and perform songs that inspire with their hand-picked Duet Partners. The competition gets heated and one partner is eliminated. Hosted by Quddus, the series is a one-of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from behind the judges' panel and onto the stage, on "Duets," THURSDAY, JUNE 7 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. ABC's major music series, "Duets," is hosted by Quddus ("Total Request Live") and stars four of the music industry's biggest Superstars -- Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke - in a one-of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from behind the judges' panel and onto the stage.
Clarkson, Legend, Nettles and Thicke will set out on individual journeys across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy of being their duet partners, ultimately each choosing two singers as partners. Together Superstars and partners take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts, and the winning partner will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
JOHN LEGEND, Superstar on ABC's "Duets"
John Legend is a critically-acclaimed multi-platinum selling singer/songwriter known for his dedicated work as a philanthropist/social activist. He has won 9 Grammy Awards, 2 NAACP Image Awards and was named one of TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People. He has collaborated with a veritable Who's Who of artists, including Kanye West, The Roots, Andre 3000 and Common, and performed with The Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, Lauren Hill and Jay-Z. Legend's albums "Evolver," "Wake Up!" and "Get Lifted" all debuted at the top of the charts and have demonstrated his amazing musical talent as an artist and performer, while elevating him to superstar status. In 2007 he launched the Show Me Campaign, a nonprofit organization fighting poverty around the world. Legend has been recognized several times for his activism, including with the 2010 BET Humanitarian of the Year award and the 2009 CARE Humanitarian Award for Global Change. A native of Springfield, Ohio, he is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. More information can be found at www.johnlegend.com or follow him on Twitter @johnlegend.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home