SB I-55 reopens after energy-drink spill
June 13, 2012 (DWIGHT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Southbound I-55 has reopened after an overturned semi blocked all lanes since an early Wednesday accident.
The truck spilled its load of energy drink cans just before 4:30 a.m. about three miles south of Highway 17 in Dwight. The interstate reopened five hours later. The truck had been uprighted by 8:30 a.m. and cleared an hour after that.
Some traffic became trapped behind the spill and after the detour three miles up the road.
The truck was headed northbound when it crossed the center line and flipped. Two people pinned in the semi were transported to the hospital in unknown conditions.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 47 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos