SB I-55 reopens after energy-drink spill
June 13, 2012 (DWIGHT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Southbound I-55 has reopened after an overturned semi blocked all lanes since an early Wednesday accident.
The truck spilled its load of energy drink cans just before 4:30 a.m. about three miles south of Highway 17 in Dwight. The interstate reopened five hours later. The truck had been uprighted by 8:30 a.m. and cleared an hour after that.
Some traffic became trapped behind the spill and after the detour three miles up the road.
The truck was headed northbound when it crossed the center line and flipped. Two people pinned in the semi were transported to the hospital in unknown conditions.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits