Obama will not attend Chicago's Bud Billiken parade
June 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A campaign official said Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not serve as the grand marshal of the 2012 Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.
The campaign official cites Obama's schedule for the reason he will not attend the August 11 parade.
"The President will continue to be a strong supporter of the parade, and of its broader mission: placing a priority on education, supporting our children, and making sure they have the skills they need to achieve their goals," the statement read.
Obama's campaign officials say they plan to have a strong presence at the parade.
Parade organizers said Tuesday that he'd be the grand marshal.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 50 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
50 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos