Amazon may offer same-day delivery
July 13, 2012 (WLS) -- Online retail giant Amazon.com is adding distribution centers -- and some are speculating a shift toward same-day delivery.
A report in the Financial Times says Amazon is opening facilities in 10 states over the next four years, starting in Pennsylvania and California in September.
Analysts say that will enable the company to offer delivery of many products just hours after orders are placed online.
The move could be a way of remaining competitive as more states push toward charging sales tax on Amazon purchases -- something many Amazon customers currently avoid.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 1 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 29 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Kan. couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost... 38 min ago
- Firefighter convicted of wife murder still gets pension in prison
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases 42 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break