FM News 101 off air in Chicago, replaced with music
July 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two radio stations that had been changed from music to news formats have been switched back.
Merlin Media had switched FM stations in New York City and Chicago to a news format in 2011, after buying them from Emmis Communications. But ratings fell sharply after the change.
On Tuesday, the company said FM 101.9 in New York City had switched back to music with an alternative rock music format. In Chicago, FM i101 is now playing adult contemporary hits.
The format change for WIQI 101.1 FM lasted almost a year after Randy Michaels' company took alternative rock station Q101 off the air. WKQX LP FM on 87.7 now plays alternative rock.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 59 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves...
59 min ago