Stepmother charged with baby's death
July 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A stepmother is charged with the murder of a 1-year-old girl.
Keisha Jones, 25, of the 10900 block of South Eberhart Avenue, has been charged with first-degree murder following the death of Iyonna Davis, who died Saturday night.
An autopsy found the child died from blunt head trauma and child abuse. Jones will appear in court Tuesday.
Davis' death was also under investigation by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, which was looking into an allegation of neglect, agency spokesman Jimmie Whitelow said. DCFS has had no prior contact with the family, he said.
On Saturday, paramedics took Davis to Roseland Community Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 9:28 p.m., the medical examiners' office said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans