ABC7Chicago iPad App: Watch newscasts on the go
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7Chicago now has a new app for the iPad, with improved features to keep you more in touch with the latest news, weather and traffic, including watching our live newscasts.
The new ABC7Chicago iPad app is now available through Apple's App Store or through iTunes. So, if you have our previous app installed, now's the time to upgrade. And, if you haven't tried our ABC7Chicago app, this is a great opportunity to take the new app for a test drive.
Here's the biggest new feature: You can now watch our ABC7 newscasts live on your iPad, so wherever you are, you can watch Chicago's No. 1 news.
When you open the new app you're greeted with current weather conditions, then our top story of the moment. Breaking news stories will scroll across the red banner. Just touch it to see the full story -- and you can share all our posted stories by e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
Our weather features are improved: If you touch the weather icon -- at the top of the app -- you'll see the current conditions in your location. And there's an hourly forecast to take you through your day and a seven-day outlook.
And if you want even more weather, it's right here at your fingertips, taking you to our full weather website, complete with interactive radar that shows you weather right in your neighborhood.
Need traffic information for your commute? It's there, too, and for the first time it's interactive with our new app. Just double tap to get a closer look of the expressway or road your want, showing the incidents that could affect your travel time. You can even click on camera icons to see video from cameras on that route.
And check out the new sections we've created: Now, without leaving our ABC7Chicago app. you get direct access to the online resources of ABC News, ESPN, On The Red Carpet for entertainment news, and the Live Well Network. Plus Windy City Live -- where you can watch video clips and share them -- and our show 190 North.
tech, alan krashesky
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 6 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291M; winning numbers lottery drawing Friday 5 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- Chicago boasts nation's best doughnut in web ranking
- SW Side teen recants story about alley sex assault
- William Cellini to be released from prison
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 7 in :77
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
6 min ago