Katherine Jackson to celebrate Michael's birthday in Gary, Indiana
August 1, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Michael Jackson's Mother announced Tuesday she is returning to the family home in Gary, Indiana, to celebrate what would have been her son's 54th birthday.
The Jackson family released a statement stating that Katherine Jackson will be accompanied by three of her children on the visit later this month.
The celebration is being called "Going Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?"
A candlelight vigil is planned for the birthday memorial on August 29 at the Jackson home.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 53 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman 30 min ago
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert 21 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- O'Hare yoga room opening 15 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight 4 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
53 min ago