Chicago pot ticket ordinance in effect
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Saturday, Chicago police can issue tickets - instead of make arrests - for small amounts of marijuana.
The new rule applies to those caught with less than 15 grams of marijuana. That's equivalent to about 25-cigarette-sized joints.
Smoking marijuana in public can still get you arrested though.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 14 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago