Chicago pot ticket ordinance in effect
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Saturday, Chicago police can issue tickets - instead of make arrests - for small amounts of marijuana.
The new rule applies to those caught with less than 15 grams of marijuana. That's equivalent to about 25-cigarette-sized joints.
Smoking marijuana in public can still get you arrested though.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side 48 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos