$5.1M settlement in 2010 Megabus fatal pedestrian crash
August 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after a deadly Megabus crash in the West Loop, a $5.1 million settlement has been reached in a similar accident two years ago.
Wes Krueger died in February 2010 after he was struck by a bus as the driver attempted to make a left turn.
It happened at Adams and Des Plaines, just blocks from Wednesday's deadly pedestrian crash.
"Considering the number of motor coaches that are driving around there on any given day and all the pedestrian traffic during the afternoons on weekdays it's really not surprising that these things happen," Corboy & Demetrio partner Daniel M. Kotin said in a press release.
Wednesday's crash at Adams and Canal killed 76-year old Donna Halstead and last week, one person died when a Megabus crashed into a concrete bridge support near downstate Litchfield.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 13 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 12 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 58 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
13 min ago