Fight breaks out in Terre Haute courtroom as murder case turns violent
August 29, 2012 (TERRE HAUTE, Ind.) (WLS) -- The first hearing in a Terre Haute murder case turned violent as supporters of the victim and backers of the alleged killer argued and exchanged blows.
William Mallory is accused of firing shots outside a tavern that killed one person and injured two others.
When Mallory's hearing ended Tuesday, several people began shouting and exchanging punches.
At least one person knocked over furniture and threw chairs
No one was seriously injured, but several people were arrested.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 43 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club 40 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot