Prince Chicago concert announced, September 24 at United Center
August 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Legendary musician Prince announced his return to Chicago's United Center beginning September 24th, marking his first return to the area since 2004.
- UPDATE: 3rd and final show added for Sept. 26. Tickets on sale Sept. 12 at 4 p.m.
The concert, dubbed "Welcome 2 Chicago," is part of the artist's acclaimed "Welcome 2 America" series.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m. at livenation.com.
The last minute concert will support Rebuild the Dream, an initiative to restore jobs and economic opportunity founded by Van Jones. Jones served as the 2009 green jobs advisor to the Obama White House.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 3 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game