Prince Chicago concert announced, September 24 at United Center
August 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Legendary musician Prince announced his return to Chicago's United Center beginning September 24th, marking his first return to the area since 2004.
- UPDATE: 3rd and final show added for Sept. 26. Tickets on sale Sept. 12 at 4 p.m.
The concert, dubbed "Welcome 2 Chicago," is part of the artist's acclaimed "Welcome 2 America" series.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m. at livenation.com.
The last minute concert will support Rebuild the Dream, an initiative to restore jobs and economic opportunity founded by Van Jones. Jones served as the 2009 green jobs advisor to the Obama White House.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 3 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 33 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 15 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 57 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 39 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
3 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
15 min ago