Prince Chicago concert announced, September 24 at United Center
August 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Legendary musician Prince announced his return to Chicago's United Center beginning September 24th, marking his first return to the area since 2004.
- UPDATE: 3rd and final show added for Sept. 26. Tickets on sale Sept. 12 at 4 p.m.
The concert, dubbed "Welcome 2 Chicago," is part of the artist's acclaimed "Welcome 2 America" series.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m. at livenation.com.
The last minute concert will support Rebuild the Dream, an initiative to restore jobs and economic opportunity founded by Van Jones. Jones served as the 2009 green jobs advisor to the Obama White House.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos