Prince Chicago concert announced, September 24 at United Center
August 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Legendary musician Prince announced his return to Chicago's United Center beginning September 24th, marking his first return to the area since 2004.
- UPDATE: 3rd and final show added for Sept. 26. Tickets on sale Sept. 12 at 4 p.m.
The concert, dubbed "Welcome 2 Chicago," is part of the artist's acclaimed "Welcome 2 America" series.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m. at livenation.com.
The last minute concert will support Rebuild the Dream, an initiative to restore jobs and economic opportunity founded by Van Jones. Jones served as the 2009 green jobs advisor to the Obama White House.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 20 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 3 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 42 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 33 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos