Prince Chicago concert announced, September 24 at United Center
August 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Legendary musician Prince announced his return to Chicago's United Center beginning September 24th, marking his first return to the area since 2004.
- UPDATE: 3rd and final show added for Sept. 26. Tickets on sale Sept. 12 at 4 p.m.
The concert, dubbed "Welcome 2 Chicago," is part of the artist's acclaimed "Welcome 2 America" series.
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m. at livenation.com.
The last minute concert will support Rebuild the Dream, an initiative to restore jobs and economic opportunity founded by Van Jones. Jones served as the 2009 green jobs advisor to the Obama White House.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood 51 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S.
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos