Mr. Coffee Recall: 600,000 machines impacted
September 3, 2012 (WLS) -- A recall impacting certain Mr. Coffee single cup brewing systems has been announced.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the appliance can suddenly release a stream of scalding water and coffee grounds.
The defect has caused 61 reported injuries and including burns to the face and hands.
The recall involves 600,000 of machines that were sold nationwide between September of 2010 and August. They were sold at several popular retailers for between $60 and $80.
Consumers should contact Jarden at 800-993-8609 for details on getting a free replacement unit.
Description: The recalled coffeemaker comes in black with silver, red or white trim. It stands about 11 inches tall and has a Brew Now /Off button and a removable drip tray. The water tank is located on top of the unit towards the back. The model number is printed on the bottom of the brewer. Recalled model numbers are: BVMC-KG1; BVMC-KG1A-001; BVMC-KG1-WM-001; BVMC-KG1-001; BVMC-KG1-BEA; BVMC-KG1R-001; BVMC-KG1-044; BVMC-KG1BP-PAL; BVMC-KG1R-006; BVMC-KG1A; BVMC-KG1-WM; BVMC-KG1W-001.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 38 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 35 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand