Mr. Coffee Recall: 600,000 machines impacted
September 3, 2012 (WLS) -- A recall impacting certain Mr. Coffee single cup brewing systems has been announced.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the appliance can suddenly release a stream of scalding water and coffee grounds.
The defect has caused 61 reported injuries and including burns to the face and hands.
The recall involves 600,000 of machines that were sold nationwide between September of 2010 and August. They were sold at several popular retailers for between $60 and $80.
Consumers should contact Jarden at 800-993-8609 for details on getting a free replacement unit.
Description: The recalled coffeemaker comes in black with silver, red or white trim. It stands about 11 inches tall and has a Brew Now /Off button and a removable drip tray. The water tank is located on top of the unit towards the back. The model number is printed on the bottom of the brewer. Recalled model numbers are: BVMC-KG1; BVMC-KG1A-001; BVMC-KG1-WM-001; BVMC-KG1-001; BVMC-KG1-BEA; BVMC-KG1R-001; BVMC-KG1-044; BVMC-KG1BP-PAL; BVMC-KG1R-006; BVMC-KG1A; BVMC-KG1-WM; BVMC-KG1W-001.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 13 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 20 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 37 min ago
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny 9 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
9 min ago
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
13 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
37 min ago