Mr. Coffee Recall: 600,000 machines impacted
September 3, 2012 (WLS) -- A recall impacting certain Mr. Coffee single cup brewing systems has been announced.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the appliance can suddenly release a stream of scalding water and coffee grounds.
The defect has caused 61 reported injuries and including burns to the face and hands.
The recall involves 600,000 of machines that were sold nationwide between September of 2010 and August. They were sold at several popular retailers for between $60 and $80.
Consumers should contact Jarden at 800-993-8609 for details on getting a free replacement unit.
Description: The recalled coffeemaker comes in black with silver, red or white trim. It stands about 11 inches tall and has a Brew Now /Off button and a removable drip tray. The water tank is located on top of the unit towards the back. The model number is printed on the bottom of the brewer. Recalled model numbers are: BVMC-KG1; BVMC-KG1A-001; BVMC-KG1-WM-001; BVMC-KG1-001; BVMC-KG1-BEA; BVMC-KG1R-001; BVMC-KG1-044; BVMC-KG1BP-PAL; BVMC-KG1R-006; BVMC-KG1A; BVMC-KG1-WM; BVMC-KG1W-001.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 42 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw 43 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains 18 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
42 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
43 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
13 min ago