Michael Clarke Duncan funeral services to be held next week
September 6, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A public casket viewing will be held in Los Angeles this weekend for actor Michael Clarke Duncan, giving fans a chance to say goodbye.
The Oscar-nominated actor's will be on public view on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuaries in Los Angeles.
A private service is scheduled to follow on Monday."The Green Mile" star died Monday in Los Angeles after complications from a heart attack July 13. He was 54.
Duncan grew up in Chicago.
"Michael was a close friend," said White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams. "He was the nicest, kindest guy anyone could ever know. He was a great fan of the Chicago White Sox and often called me to offer advice. His friendship will be missed."
Duncan worked as a bodyguard before beginning his acting career in his 30s. In addition to "Green Mile," he also appeared in "Armageddon," "The Scorpion King" and "Sin City."
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 58 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
58 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos