Ex-cop convicted in fatal Dan Ryan DUI crash
September 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former Chicago police detective awaits sentencing after being convicted in a crash that killed two young men on the Dan Ryan expressway three years ago.
A judge on Monday ruled that then off-duty Detective Joseph Frugoli was guilty of leaving the scene of the fiery crash that killed 23-year-old Andrew Cazares and 21-year- old Fausto Manzera.
Frugoli pleaded guilty last week to aggravated DUI charges in connection with the crash.
A sentencing date has not been set.
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb 2 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin