NC truck driver killed in I-80 accident
September 20, 2012 (MORRIS, Ill.) (WLS) -- All lanes were shutdown going eastbound on Interstate 80 Thursday afternoon near Morris after a fatal accident involving two semis and a vehicle.
Illinois State Police said Norman Hargus,41, of Lenoir, North Carolina, was pronounced deceased on the scene. The other drivers were hospitilized with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police continue to investigate.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos