Aurora police seek more victims of motel sex assault suspect
October 2, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora police are looking for possible additional victims of a 37-year-old Aurora man who they arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 31-year-old Davenport, Iowa, woman in January.
Derrick D. Chaney, of the 3300-block of Allspice Ct., has been charged with three counts of criminal sexual assault, and single counts of unlawful restraint and kidnapping in connection with the January 14 attack that occurred at a motel in the 2300-block of N. Farnsworth Ave. in Aurora.
Police say Chaney met the woman on a dating website. After several weeks of correspondence over the Internet and cell phone, the two met in person at the motel where Chaney allegedly held her against her will and sexually assaulted her.
Police say Chaney may have met other women through various dating websites or at nightclubs in the northwest suburbs. Police say he may have given victims false information as to his name, occupation, financial status and education level. He has also been known to drive several luxury vehicles, is well dressed at the dance clubs he visited, and brags about having VIP status at the clubs, police said.
Anyone who may have been a victim or who has information into similar incidents is asked to call Aurora police at (630) 256-5500.
Chaney's bond was set at $500,000. He is currently being held in the Kane County Correctional Center in St. Charles.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 53 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 34 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
53 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
34 min ago