Trial begins in 2010 Vernon Hills murder: Deerfield man allegedly stabbed girlfriend's mother to death
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The trial gets under way Monday for a Deerfield man charged with the beating death of his girlfriend's mother.
The suspect, Daniel Baker, is expected to decide whether he wants a judge or a jury to hear his case.
Prosecutors say he killed Marina Aksman, 50, in her Vernon Hills home in April 2010 after she tried to end his relationship with her daughter.
Five days after the killing, police caught up with Baker and the victim's daughter in northern Montana.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 1 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 1 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 40 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 40 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 16 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
1 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos