Activists team up for turkey giveaway
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activists are making sure some struggling families enjoy their Thanksgiving by handing out hundreds of free turkeys.
Bishop Larry Trotter from Sweet Holy Spirit Church and activist Antonio Rias teamed up for this giveaway.
They were in south suburban Burnham Sunday afternoon passing out turkeys.
Rias said he solicited some generous individuals to donate money for the turkeys and Wal-Mart sold them at a discount.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 42 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 22 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 13 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
22 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
13 min ago