Activists team up for turkey giveaway
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activists are making sure some struggling families enjoy their Thanksgiving by handing out hundreds of free turkeys.
Bishop Larry Trotter from Sweet Holy Spirit Church and activist Antonio Rias teamed up for this giveaway.
They were in south suburban Burnham Sunday afternoon passing out turkeys.
Rias said he solicited some generous individuals to donate money for the turkeys and Wal-Mart sold them at a discount.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 24 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home