Buddy Guy gets big send-off before Kennedy Center Honors
November 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's blues community honored Buddy Guy with a huge musical send-off before he accepts the 2012 Kennedy Center Honor.
Guy will travel to Washington, DC, later this week and accept the honor on Sunday.
The 76-year-old is of one of the seven recipients of the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors.
"Chicago, thank you very much, I love you and I'll never leave--I'll leave but I'll be back," said Guy.
The Kennedy Center Honors is the nation's highest honor for those who have influenced American culture through the arts.
The Honors gala will air as a two-hour primetime special on December 26th.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 13 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 51 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 21 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute