'Don Wade & Roma' sign off, pass mic to Bruce Wolf, Dan Proft at WLS-Radio
December 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After filling in for months, Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft will permanently take over the morning radio slot left vacant on WLS by the Don Wade and Roma show.
Wolf and Proft began substituting for the duo three months ago when Don Wade announced he had a brain tumor. They will continue in the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot, WLS-Radio announced. Jake Hartford and John Kass will host from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
"The daily stress of rising each day at midnight to prep for our 5a show does not help the healing process. So we are choosing a different path and focusing on what's really important for us right now," Don and Roma said in a statement from WLS.
The radio station said it wishes Don a well as he continues to heal, and said it will "keep a mic open for them." The Don Wade and Roma show got its start on WLS in 1985. They thanked their fans for support.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit