'Don Wade & Roma' sign off, pass mic to Bruce Wolf, Dan Proft at WLS-Radio
December 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After filling in for months, Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft will permanently take over the morning radio slot left vacant on WLS by the Don Wade and Roma show.
Wolf and Proft began substituting for the duo three months ago when Don Wade announced he had a brain tumor. They will continue in the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot, WLS-Radio announced. Jake Hartford and John Kass will host from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
"The daily stress of rising each day at midnight to prep for our 5a show does not help the healing process. So we are choosing a different path and focusing on what's really important for us right now," Don and Roma said in a statement from WLS.
The radio station said it wishes Don a well as he continues to heal, and said it will "keep a mic open for them." The Don Wade and Roma show got its start on WLS in 1985. They thanked their fans for support.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping