'Don Wade & Roma' sign off, pass mic to Bruce Wolf, Dan Proft at WLS-Radio
December 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After filling in for months, Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft will permanently take over the morning radio slot left vacant on WLS by the Don Wade and Roma show.
Wolf and Proft began substituting for the duo three months ago when Don Wade announced he had a brain tumor. They will continue in the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot, WLS-Radio announced. Jake Hartford and John Kass will host from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
"The daily stress of rising each day at midnight to prep for our 5a show does not help the healing process. So we are choosing a different path and focusing on what's really important for us right now," Don and Roma said in a statement from WLS.
The radio station said it wishes Don a well as he continues to heal, and said it will "keep a mic open for them." The Don Wade and Roma show got its start on WLS in 1985. They thanked their fans for support.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 39 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10 59 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Baby found frozen in car seat pronounced dead 11 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal 28 min ago
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd 10 min ago
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
39 min ago
- I-Team Thursday at 10
59 min ago