Long Island News
Body of missing Glen Cove man found; 1 arrested
GLEN COVE -- Authorities have arrested a Long Island man on murder charges in the death of a longtime friend reported missing last month.
Edward Brown of Glen Cove was ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty at his Friday arraignment on Long Island. He was represented by a lawyer from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Brown is suspected of killing 56-year-old Nunzio Izzo, also of Glen Cove.
Izzo, who took medication for epilepsy and a heart condition, was last seen Dec. 17. A criminal complaint says that was the day Brown committed the crime.
A prosecutor said 46-year-old Brown killed Izzo during an argument. He stashed the victim in a container under a tarp in a neighbor's yard. The prosecutor said Brown admitted selling the victim's jewelry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, glen cove, missing person, body found, long island news
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building 54 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee 59 min ago
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up...
59 min ago