Dan Ryan Expressway shooting kills 1, injures 2 near 18th Street and Canal Street exits
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and two others were hurt in a shooting on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting happened just after 2 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the expressway between the 18th Street and Canal Street exits.
Three people were shot. One of them was able to drive the vehicle to the hospital.
A second person in the car died. That victim has been identified as 22-year-old Lavonshay Cooper.
Another man was transported to a hospital in critical condition with several gunshot wounds.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 23 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- Trio of new distilleries open in Chicago
58 min ago