Dan Ryan Expressway shooting kills 1, injures 2 near 18th Street and Canal Street exits
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and two others were hurt in a shooting on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting happened just after 2 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the expressway between the 18th Street and Canal Street exits.
Three people were shot. One of them was able to drive the vehicle to the hospital.
A second person in the car died. That victim has been identified as 22-year-old Lavonshay Cooper.
Another man was transported to a hospital in critical condition with several gunshot wounds.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town 57 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 2 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 11 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in...
57 min ago