More people moving out of Illinois
January 8, 2013 (WLS) -- More people are moving out of Illinois than almost any other state in the country, according to a new study by a moving company.
It shows Illinois trails only New Jersey in the number of residents making an exodus in 2012.
The study was conducted by United Van Lines.
West Virginia, New York and New Mexico are the other states most people are moving from.
The top destinations for moving in are the District of Columbia, Oregon and Nevada.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 52 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 31 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 25 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
27 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
53 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
49 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos