Chicago Auto Show 2014: Frequently Asked Questions
(CHICAGO) (WLS) -- First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent.
What are 2014 Chicago Auto Show's dates and hours?
The 2013 Chicago Auto Show is open to the public from February 8-17, 2014.
February 8-17: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
February 17 (Presidents Day): 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
When is First Look for Charity held and what are the event hours?
The benevolent 2014 First Look for Charity black-tie event will take place this year on Friday, February 7 from 7-11 p.m.
What are the 2014 Media Preview dates?
The 2014 Media Preview of 2014 Chicago Auto Show will be held on Thursday, February 6 - and in the morning of Friday, February 7.
What is the 2014 Chicago Auto Show ticket price?
Admission prices are as follows:
- $12 for adults
- $6 for seniors ages 62 and older
- $6 for children ages 7-12
- Free admission for children 6 and younger when they accompany a paying adult (family members only)
- Weekday discount coupons ($6 off the regular adult admission) available at various area new-car dealers.
How do I purchase tickets for admission to the Chicago Auto Show?
To avoid lines, you can purchase tickets in advance at ChicagoAutoShow.com. You can also purchase tickets on-site at the box offices located at the entrances to the show (cash and credit cards will be accepted).
Are wheelchairs and motorized scooters available for rent at the Chicago Auto Show?
Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available for rent at the McCormick Place. To make a reservation, please contact Scootaround's toll-free hotline at 1-888-441-7575. Motorized scooters are $50 a day; wheelchairs are $20. For more details, visit ScootAround.com. Scootaround is located at Gate 4 of McCormick Place (on the west end of the Grand Concourse).
Can we actually ride in the vehicles in the interactive test tracks?
Yes, all show attendees can ride as passengers with the professional drivers on the designated tracks.
Are you offering any special or themed days this year?
We sure are, and even have some special pricing available.
- Tuesday, February 11: Women's Day. Women are admitted for $6. Manufacturers will present special women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
- Wednesday, February 12 through Friday, February 14: Chicago Auto Show Food Drive. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for $6 admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
- Friday, February 14: Telemundo Hispanic Day.
What are my parking options closest to the Chicago Auto Show/McCormick Place?
McCormick Place offers on-site parking. There are three main McCormick Place lots: A, B & C.
- Lot A: $21 (or $30 after 16 hours)
- Lot B: $14
- Lot C: $21
*After 6 p.m. during Chicago Auto Show dates, parking rates will drop to $10 for all three lots.
Parking fees can be paid by cash or credit card; VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Parking lots are open throughout event hours. Overnight parking is not available, and there are no in-and-out privileges.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains