Gary police chase ends with 2 killed in crash
January 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A police chase ended with a deadly crash in Gary, Indiana.
It began with a call of a burglary in progress.
The first officer at the scene spotted a gray Dodge Stratus with three people inside. The car took off and the officer followed. Others joined the pursuit.
Police say the chase ended on Monroe Street when the car struck two trees at a high rate of speed.
Two of the three people in the car were killed.
"The initial officer, and then the other officers that came into the area, they activated their emergency equipment, red lights and sirens," said Gary police spokesperson Gabrielle King. "They disregarded all of that."
Police haven't released the names of those killed.The third person was taken to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits