Gary police chase ends with 2 killed in crash
January 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A police chase ended with a deadly crash in Gary, Indiana.
It began with a call of a burglary in progress.
The first officer at the scene spotted a gray Dodge Stratus with three people inside. The car took off and the officer followed. Others joined the pursuit.
Police say the chase ended on Monroe Street when the car struck two trees at a high rate of speed.
Two of the three people in the car were killed.
"The initial officer, and then the other officers that came into the area, they activated their emergency equipment, red lights and sirens," said Gary police spokesperson Gabrielle King. "They disregarded all of that."
Police haven't released the names of those killed.The third person was taken to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates