Dixon teachers on strike, classes could be canceled Friday
February 28, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- There were no classes Thursday morning for students in Dixon, Illinois. Teachers there are on strike.
Dixon is about 100 miles west of Chicago.
The strike affects more than 2,700 students in grade kindergarten through 12.
Negotiations will be held Thursday, but the district is advising parents that it's unlikely there will be school Friday, even if a deal is reached.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 34 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 12 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 3 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 40 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 35 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
34 min ago