Illinois license plate sticker fee increased Friday
March 1, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The fee for getting a new license plate sticker in Illinois went up Friday.
A $2 fee increase was approved in 2012 to help pay for maintenance and improvements at Illinois state parks.
The Secretary of State's office said March renewals will be the first to reflect the increase. It puts the new cost of a sticker at $101.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77