Wisconsin man banned from 'all libraries' for lewd conduct
March 15, 2013 (RACINE, Wis.) (WLS) -- A Wisconsin man has been banned from "all the libraries on the face of the earth" after allegedly engaging in lewd behavior in a Racine library last week.
Twenty-year-old Tyree S. Carter is charged with misdemeanor counts of lewd behavior and disorderly conduct. Prosecutors say he was openly masturbating in the Racine Public Library, and a witness claims that Carter was out in the open, not trying to conceal himself.
The criminal complaint says Carter apologized to responding police officers, saying that it was his first time doing it in public.
Carter was released on a $1,000 signature bond. Court records indicate that Carter has been told to "stay out of all the libraries on the face of the earth" as a condition of his bond.
He is due back in court next month for a pre-trial conference.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap