BP Amoco refinery in Whiting, Ind., back up after flare-up
April 12, 2013 (WHITING, Ind.) (WLS) -- A spokesperson at BP Amoco said production is ''back to normal'' at a refinery where there was a flare-up.
On Thursday afternoon, flames could be seen coming from the refinery in Whiting, Ind. One witness said the flames were as tall as 150 feet. Workers there were evacuated after the apparent equipment failure and flare-up.
BP Amoco said that unit, which produces gasoline, was "briefly shut down," but has been restarted, and as of Friday "production is back to normal."
No one was injured in the flare-up, BP Amoco officials said, and "all safety procedures" were followed. The Whiting refinery has its own fire department.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 36 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
36 min ago