I-55 closed in Channahon due to flooding
April 19, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 are closed between US-6 and Interstate 80 in Channahon due to flooding, the Illinois Department of Transportation announced Friday.
IDOT says the closure is anticipated to last one day or more and will be lifted as soon as the flooding recedes.
Motorists traveling along southbound I-55 will be directed to exit onto eastbound Interstate 80, where they should take the exit to southbound Hollywood Road. Traffic should then turn right onto US-6 and continue to I-55.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 50 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 43 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
15 min ago
- 'The Chew'?s Carla Hall
33 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos