Kyle Long introduced to Bears fans, reporters at Halas Hall
April 26, 2013 (LAKE FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Chicago Bears formally introduced surprising top draft pick Kyle Long to local media in Lake Forest Friday afternoon.
It's been a rough road to Halas Hall For Long: living in the shadow of his father, Howie Long, and brother, Rams defensive end Chris Long, overcoming academic, drug and alcohol issues.
Now Long has to face the scrutiny of a cynical Chicago media and unimpressed fan base."I'm looking forward to earning the respect of my teammates," Long said.
Long was a surprise and somewhat disappointing first pick to a lot of Bears fans reporters, but Bears GM Phil Emery claims he had the pedigreed Oregon guard targeted all along.
"Very clear statement that we wanted this player," general manager Phil Emery said Thursday. "The draft's not over, so we'll have other opportunities at those other positions. This is the player we wanted."
Long will wear number 75.
sports, rafer weigel
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 51 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 58 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of...
51 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
58 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane had Iranian asylum...
54 min ago