Kyle Long introduced to Bears fans, reporters at Halas Hall
April 26, 2013 (LAKE FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Chicago Bears formally introduced surprising top draft pick Kyle Long to local media in Lake Forest Friday afternoon.
It's been a rough road to Halas Hall For Long: living in the shadow of his father, Howie Long, and brother, Rams defensive end Chris Long, overcoming academic, drug and alcohol issues.
Now Long has to face the scrutiny of a cynical Chicago media and unimpressed fan base."I'm looking forward to earning the respect of my teammates," Long said.
Long was a surprise and somewhat disappointing first pick to a lot of Bears fans reporters, but Bears GM Phil Emery claims he had the pedigreed Oregon guard targeted all along.
"Very clear statement that we wanted this player," general manager Phil Emery said Thursday. "The draft's not over, so we'll have other opportunities at those other positions. This is the player we wanted."
Long will wear number 75.
sports, rafer weigel
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 43 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 1 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 25 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
1 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
43 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos