Netflix loses rights to stream 1,800 movies
May 1, 2013 (WLS) -- In just a few hours, Netflix will be offering fewer movie titles.
Nearly 1,800 films will disappear from the Netflix streaming service at midnight.
That's when the Netflix licensing agreement ends for older movies from Warner Brothers, Universal and MGM.
Those classic movie titles will become the exclusive property of Warner Archive Instant, a new video streaming service.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 20 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 25 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos