Local Spanish TV personality charged with child sexual assault
May 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Elpidio "Juan" Contreras, a local Spanish language music show producer, has been charged with sexually assaulting a child who he was giving music lessons, according to the Office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
Contreras, 53, of Chicago, has been charged with one count of predatory criminal sexual assault. Contreras appeared in bond court Thursday in Chicago where his bond was set at $500,000.
According to prosecutors, Contreras was giving voice lessons to the 11-year-old victim beginning sometime in the summer of 2012 until approximately April of 2013. During the lessons, Contreras would meet the victim in his office where he is alleged to have touched the victim in an inappropriate manner and on several occasions took pictures of the victim posing in a bikini and topless.
Contreras is the producer and host of "The Juan Contreras Show," a Spanish language musical show featuring local and national musical talent.
Contreras was arrested by Chicago Police Wednesday. His next court date is set for May 29, 2013.
- Messy commute, power outages come with winter storm 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 1 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos