Local Spanish TV personality charged with child sexual assault
May 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Elpidio "Juan" Contreras, a local Spanish language music show producer, has been charged with sexually assaulting a child who he was giving music lessons, according to the Office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
Contreras, 53, of Chicago, has been charged with one count of predatory criminal sexual assault. Contreras appeared in bond court Thursday in Chicago where his bond was set at $500,000.
According to prosecutors, Contreras was giving voice lessons to the 11-year-old victim beginning sometime in the summer of 2012 until approximately April of 2013. During the lessons, Contreras would meet the victim in his office where he is alleged to have touched the victim in an inappropriate manner and on several occasions took pictures of the victim posing in a bikini and topless.
Contreras is the producer and host of "The Juan Contreras Show," a Spanish language musical show featuring local and national musical talent.
Contreras was arrested by Chicago Police Wednesday. His next court date is set for May 29, 2013.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 16 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 4 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
34 min ago