Austin shooting leaves 17-year-old boy dead
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of two teenagers shot on Chicago's West Side died early Saturday.
The shooting took place just before before 12 a.m. in the 400-block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago polce police arrived at the scene and found two victims on the sidewalk.
A 17-year-old male was shot in the head and died at the scene. The other victim, an 18-year-old male, was shot in the chest and was in stable condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Chicago police say they are investigating.
There were no arrests later Saturday morning.
The Memorial Day holiday weekend got off to a violent start in other parts of the city, as well. A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in what police say was a gang-related incident. Also, three people were hurt in a drive-by shooting in that same area.
In Hyde Park, a 29-year-old man was shot fatally. Police said the shooting was gang related.
Lastly, one person was injured in a shooting in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
local, diane pathieu
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...