Austin shooting leaves 17-year-old boy dead
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of two teenagers shot on Chicago's West Side died early Saturday.
The shooting took place just before before 12 a.m. in the 400-block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago polce police arrived at the scene and found two victims on the sidewalk.
A 17-year-old male was shot in the head and died at the scene. The other victim, an 18-year-old male, was shot in the chest and was in stable condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Chicago police say they are investigating.
There were no arrests later Saturday morning.
The Memorial Day holiday weekend got off to a violent start in other parts of the city, as well. A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in what police say was a gang-related incident. Also, three people were hurt in a drive-by shooting in that same area.
In Hyde Park, a 29-year-old man was shot fatally. Police said the shooting was gang related.
Lastly, one person was injured in a shooting in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
local, diane pathieu
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 18 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago