One Million Degrees: Chef John's Recipe for Asparagus and Rocket Salad
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Friday, May 31, 2013, The One Million Degrees organization celebrates student empowerment through higher education, and it's inviting everyone to honor successful low-income community college students at its 6th Annual Food and Wine Tasting.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is the honorary chair of the event, and Willis North America will receive the 2013 OMD Civic Award, for their commitment to the cause of student empowerment through higher education. Jessica Rosenberg with One Million Degrees and Chef John Vermiglio, Chef de Cuisine, Billy Sunday, came into our ABC 7 studio to tell us about the organization and the festival, and to show us a great recipe.
One Million Degrees' 6th Annual Food & Wine Tasting
Friday, May 31, 2013
6 - 11 p.m.
Bridgeport Art Center, 1200 W. 35th Street. Chicago, IL 60609
Admission: Tickets Start at $350; buy them at: www.events.org/creg.aspx?e=41941&m=10
Deadline to register: Thursday, May 30
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 15 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 12 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos