One Million Degrees: Chef John's Recipe for Asparagus and Rocket Salad
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Friday, May 31, 2013, The One Million Degrees organization celebrates student empowerment through higher education, and it's inviting everyone to honor successful low-income community college students at its 6th Annual Food and Wine Tasting.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is the honorary chair of the event, and Willis North America will receive the 2013 OMD Civic Award, for their commitment to the cause of student empowerment through higher education. Jessica Rosenberg with One Million Degrees and Chef John Vermiglio, Chef de Cuisine, Billy Sunday, came into our ABC 7 studio to tell us about the organization and the festival, and to show us a great recipe.
One Million Degrees' 6th Annual Food & Wine Tasting
Friday, May 31, 2013
6 - 11 p.m.
Bridgeport Art Center, 1200 W. 35th Street. Chicago, IL 60609
Admission: Tickets Start at $350; buy them at: www.events.org/creg.aspx?e=41941&m=10
Deadline to register: Thursday, May 30
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 43 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 46 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 33 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 33 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 47 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 23 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 2 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- Chicago street repaving begins
24 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos