'GMA' anchor Sam Champion to host Daytime Emmys
NEW YORK (AP) - June 5, 2013 -- "Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion will host The Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards, joining forces with HLN network's A.J. Hammer and Robin Meade.
HLN announced Wednesday that this trio will preside when the awards show airs live June 16 from the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
In addition, Hammer, host of HLN's "Showbiz Tonight," will emcee the network's red-carpet special.
Meade, host of HLN's "Morning Express" and a country-music recording artist, will sing both best song nominees: "This Day" by Sheryl Crow (for "Katie") and "Good Afternoon" by Little Big Town (for "Good Afternoon America").
Scheduled presenters on the broadcast include Kathy Griffin, Rachael Ray, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Erica Slezak and the ladies of "The Talk." Others include Steve Harvey, Betty White, Wayne Brady and Alex Trebek.
emmy awards, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos