9-year-old boy shot while riding in car near 67th and Evans
June 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old boy was hit by gunfire while riding in a car in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
The shooting took place near 67th and Evans on Wednesday night.
The boy's mother drove him to Comer Children's Hospital, where he is being treated. A relative said he may have been shot in the chest, but is expected to survive.
local, eric horng
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant