9-year-old boy shot while riding in car near 67th and Evans
June 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old boy was hit by gunfire while riding in a car in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
The shooting took place near 67th and Evans on Wednesday night.
The boy's mother drove him to Comer Children's Hospital, where he is being treated. A relative said he may have been shot in the chest, but is expected to survive.
local, eric horng
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 19 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos