Man dies after falling on to third rail at CTA's Red Line Addison stop
June 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a man fell at the CTA Addison Red Line stop and died after making contact with the third rail.
Police say he may have been intoxicated.
The man, Otis Carmichael, 44, of West Covina, Calif., fell around 1:35 Friday morning. He was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
Red Line service was suspended for about an hour and a half, but was back up for the Friday morning commute.
- Spring-like temperatures give way to winter storm 6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 56 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 42 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos