Man dies after falling on to third rail at CTA's Red Line Addison stop
June 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a man fell at the CTA Addison Red Line stop and died after making contact with the third rail.
Police say he may have been intoxicated.
The man, Otis Carmichael, 44, of West Covina, Calif., fell around 1:35 Friday morning. He was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
Red Line service was suspended for about an hour and a half, but was back up for the Friday morning commute.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 17 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward 19 min ago
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 54 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 50 min ago
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 50 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Fans gear up for Bulls, Blackhawks playoffs
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos