Naked Crown Point man, 28, dies after Tasering
June 10, 2013 (THORNTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- A man is dead after police were called to a park near a school Sunday afternoon for reports of a naked man.
Around 4:30 p.m., Thornton Wolcott School, Ind., officers responded to a call of a naked man in the street near the pavilion of Hubbard Park by. Officers say they arrived to find a naked white man in the street.
Police say as they approached, the naked man became erratic and combative. Officers were able to subdue the man and paramedics transported him to the hospital for treatment.
Mark A. Koves, 28, of the 9500 block of Roosevelt Street in Crown Point, Ind., died at St. James Hospital in Chicago Heights at 5:44 p.m. Sunday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The medical examiner's office said the man died as a result of police Tasering him. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds