South Shore Line busing passengers between S. Bend, Michigan City
June 20, 2013 (WLS) -- The South Shore Line is busing passengers between South Bend and Michigan City until further notice, the Northwest Indiana Commuter Transportation District said Thursday.
According to the NICTD, on June 20, a garbage truck struck and damaged a bridge west of Hudson Lake. South Shore recommends passengers drive to Carroll Ave. in Michigan City to board trains.
Passengers should expect delays to trains scheduled to originate or terminate in South Bend because of busing.
The NICTD says it will be at least a few days until things get back to normal.
Please refer to the NICTD website for the latest information: http://www.nictd.com/
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos