South Shore Line busing passengers between S. Bend, Michigan City
June 20, 2013 (WLS) -- The South Shore Line is busing passengers between South Bend and Michigan City until further notice, the Northwest Indiana Commuter Transportation District said Thursday.
According to the NICTD, on June 20, a garbage truck struck and damaged a bridge west of Hudson Lake. South Shore recommends passengers drive to Carroll Ave. in Michigan City to board trains.
Passengers should expect delays to trains scheduled to originate or terminate in South Bend because of busing.
The NICTD says it will be at least a few days until things get back to normal.
Please refer to the NICTD website for the latest information: http://www.nictd.com/
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 45 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 15 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 8 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 35 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 55 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
15 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
28 min ago