Chicago Pride Parade 2013 broadcast on-demand
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Watch the ABC 7 Chicago broadcast of ''The 44th Annual Pride Parade,'' which originally aired on Sunday, June 30, 2013.
PHOTOS: 2013 Pride Parade
Hosted by ABC 7's Janet Davies, this is the tenth year ABC 7 Chicago has covered the parade. Terri Hemmert, from WXRT Radio Chicago, will once again join Davies in the broadcast booth to help co-host the parade. The actual parade took place on Sunday, June 30, and drew a record-breaking one million people.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," said Janet Davies, host of the event. "This is an important event to showcase the contributions of Chicago's LGBT community and one of my favorite events to host."
This year, ABC 7's Ben Bradley, Ryan Chiaverini, Jessica D'Onofrio, Michelle Gallardo, Evelyn Holmes, Leah Hope, Eric Horng, Ron Magers, Karen Meyer, Hosea Sanders, Rafer Weigel and Linda Yu are scheduled to appear in the parade via ABC 7 Chicago's float.
Wade Davis, a former NFL football player and nationally recognized speaker, activist, writer and educator will be this year's Grand Marshal.
The 44th Annual Pride Parade kicks off from Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side and will end near the intersection of Diversey Parkway and Sheridan Road in Lincoln Park. The parade originally started to commemorate the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, the most important event in the history of the gay rights movement.
The parade ends a weekend of fun and entertainment with various bands and singers performing on stage, great food and drinks. The Pride Parade festivities support the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with streets lined 12 people deep and 750,000 spectators.
"The 44th Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 49 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 31 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago